News

It has been a long while since I last looked at this blog. I have been focussing on my Korean sojourn and haven't been doing too much creative writing or focussing on too many other issues. But, I thought that I would just update this blog to mention that Cry Baby is going to be published! Twice!!

It will be in a South African literary journal known as New Contrast as well as in the collection of short stories from the creative writing course I did last year, which will be called "A Day at the Zoo". Not my choice of title, I won't lie, but it will suffice. For those of you who want to read some of the stories that will be published and more, all of my submissions as well as those from the others in the creative writing class can be found at http://creativew09.wordpress.com/

Though my journalism career has come to a halt for this year, I have not forgotten newspapers completely, and was featured in one a couple of weeks ago. Being interviewed for the article was a very harrowing experience, but I couldn't help but laugh at his cliched questions and the monotony of the whole interview. The article itself is all in Korean, but can be found on page three of this website: http://www.jbnews.com/paoin/viwer.html?exec=viewpage&height=5929&GCC=AH60399&PaperDate=2010-06-11&PageNo=3501962&PageName=01&CNo=0&COI&NCT&scope&keyword&period&startdate&enddate&page&page_size&idx

That is all for the moment. I hope to return to this blog at some point in the near future.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

On my bookshelf

  • Alice Sebold - The Lovely Bones
  • Ben Sherwood - The Man Who Ate the 747
  • David Mitchell - Number 9 Dream
  • Gregory Maguire - Wicked
  • Harper Lee - To Kill a Mockingbird
  • JD Salinger - The Catcher in the Rye
  • Mark Haddon - The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-TIme
  • Neil Gaiman - American Gods
  • Neil Gaiman - Neverwhere
  • Neil Gaiman - Smoke and Mirrors
  • Salman Rushdie - Shalimar the Clown
  • Salman Rushdie - The Enchantress of Florence
  • Sophie Kinsella - Shopaholic and Baby
  • Terry Pratchett - The Colour of Magic

Visitors